correct data or printing error Passport Eligibility Requirements
For individuals currently holding a U.S. Passport who:
- have a data error on their current U.S Passport; or
- have a printing error on their current U.S Passport; or
- have made changes to their sex or gender identity
I. Proof of Data Error
You can correct your passport if there is a data or printing error. A data error may include an issue with your name, gender, or place of birth. A printing error may include data that is missing on the biographical page, discoloration, or crooked printing. The Passport Agency will correct the error at no charge if the passport is still valid.
- Evidence of the error (e.g. your certified, original U.S. birth certificate showing the correct spelling of your last name).
- If you are reporting the error within one year of us issuing your incorrect passport, the new passport will be valid for 10 years.
- If you are reporting the error after one year, the new passport will be valid until the expiration date of your original, incorrect passport.
II. Photo Requirements
III. DS-5504 Form – Name Change, Data Amendments, Errors
IV. Authorization Letter
Complete two (1) Letters of Authorization with original signatures.
IMPORTANT: The Letter of Authorization must be signed by the applicant and in black ink. One will go inside the Government envelope and the other in the FedEx shipping envelope. The courier company name is required by the government and should be written in pen on the blank line above where you sign your name at the bottom.
V. Your most recent U.S Passport
In good condition, not damaged or mutilated
VI. Call to Reserve a Courier, make Payment and receive the Shipping Address
Call (800) 238-6662 to Reserve your Courier Appointment at the Passport Agency for your Application.
Payment To Legal Passport by credit/debit card only.
Please provide your credit card to reserve a courier time slot with the US Passport Agency – this is nonrefundable, the Passport Agency has limited reservations. Payment is required to secure your reservation. This will guarantee your reservation with the US Passport Agency and expedited service. Note: The US Passport Agency determines eligibility to receive a passport based on proof of citizenship and compliance with the instructions provided.
How fast do you need your US Passport?
State Department and Government fees are not included.
Page Last updated!