If you are applying for a New 1st time Passport you need to show proof of Identification.
A valid driver’s license with a photograph issued more than 6 months ago from any state is required. If you do not have a valid driver’s license, you must submit at least three (5) of the following forms of identification and the document must date back at least five (5) years or more.
You are requested to send copies of several documents that will help to better establish your identity.
The following is a suggested list of documents that have proved helpful in the past with other passport applications. You may send copies of any personal documents that you have, which may not be listed and they will be considered. Any type of document which is expired, such as an identification card or license will also be considered.
DO NOT INCLUDE ORIGINALS
Photocopies of the following are preferred (PhotoIDs are the best – especially with signatures).
– Work identification card
– Government identification card (federal, state, municipal)
– Student identification card (school or college)
- School yearbook picture and school name and year of issue
- Drivers License (Expired/Valid)
- Military discharge (DD-214)
- Selective Service Registration card and/or Classification
- Official Military Identification
- Union membership card
- Professional License (pilot, nurse, beautician, x-ray technician)
- Medicare card
- Welfare card
- Marriage certificate and/or license – Divorce decree.
- Grammar school diploma and/or transcript
- High school diploma and/or transcript
- College diploma and/or transcript
- Technical/Trade school diploma and/or transcript
- Credit Cards
- Insurance papers
- Expired passport
- Baptismal certificate
- Voter registration card
- Vehicle registration and/or title
- Income tax records
- W-2 forms (Statement of Earnings)
- Hunting/Fishing license
- Mortgage/Loan contracts
- Library cards
- Medical/Hospital records
NOTE: Affidavit of Identifying witness (Form DSP-71) The witness must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US and must be able to present acceptable identification as well as certify that he/she has known the applicant for at least two (2) years. The witness must be present with the applicant and complete and execute an affidavit before the same agent who executes the application.
* Personal Discussion with the applicant is sometimes acceptable primarily in the case of elderly applications.